Public Relations Coordinator
Study the objectives, policies, and needs of organizations to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products, or services. Write press releases and other media communications to promote clients. Write blogs and craft social media presences for brands based on market research and analytics. Establish or maintain cooperative relationships with clients and media outlets. Find and reach out to prospective Imagewest customers. Research their needs, and sell Imagewest’s services and solutions.
- Ghostwriting & AP-Style Writing – Clear understanding and ability to write for immediate release in a news outlet. Ability to write for someone else in the tone of an established brand.
- Social Media Savvy – Strong ability to understand social media trends and analytics and create posts for companies based on such analytics.
- Proofreading – Excellent understanding of grammar, spelling, and user-oriented writing; ability to proofread and edit provided content.
- Client-Thinking – Making decisions based on the needs of the client and what appeals to the client’s market, not on personal style.
- People-Oriented – Being comfortable and professional in making phone calls, leading meetings, pitching Imagewest to businesses, and general interaction with clients.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others. Heeding deadlines and adjusting one’s creative process in order to meet them.
- Self-Motivation – Accepting responsibility for your own work, asking for tasks when you’ve finished current ones, attempting to solve problems on your own before asking for help.
- Learning Mindset – Being eager to learn, willing to grow from criticism, and helpful to other interns in the agency.