Job Opening for Video Production Assistant in Bowling Green, KY
Part time job in the communications department
The Video Production Assistant is responsible to support the creative needs for Living Hope through video production and editing.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must have good communication skills. Keep all parties informed and up-to-date on the status of weekly video projects.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Must exhibit exceptional relational skills with coworkers, and members.
- Must be skilled in the creative areas of ministry support so that he/she is able to work with little supervision, but shows a complete willingness to take direction when needed.
- Should be able to analyze situations and reach reasonable conclusions.
Work closely with the Communications Director to create and produce weekly video/creative content for Sunday morning services as well as various video content for the church and individual ministries.
- Coordinate all weekly creative needs with the Communications Director. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Service Archival
- Sermon/Message Video and Posting to Various Outlets
- Sermon Points
- Lower Thirds for Sunday morning services
- Welcome Announcements & Preservice Video
- Coordinate with staff on video projects: from brainstorming to final product, will be responsible for communicating throughout the whole process of creating video.
- Coordinate with ministry staff on graphic design projects: from brainstorming to final product, will be responsible for communicating throughout the whole process of creating graphics
- Coordinate with volunteers to capture video and photography of all ministry events, and will be responsible for managing all captured video and photos
- Manage projects agreed to in a way that provides delivery to the ministry in the time frame they requested.
- Set up and tear down for video shoots, including all lighting and audio.
- Maintain the records for inventory of Creative equipment/cameras as needed
- With the support of Communications Director manage the workload in a way that honors each ministry with the proper timeline to completion.
- Maintain and care for video equipment, and provide input and suggestions for equipment upgrades
Physical Activities and Requirements of the Position:
Using fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
Must frequently convey detailed or important information, instructions, or ideas accurately, easily audible, and quickly.
Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Movements frequently and regularly require using the wrists, hand, and/or fingers.
Average Visual Abilities:
Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
Combination of sitting, standing and moving around the office and the community at large. Ability to move objects weighing up to 30 lbs.
Work performed in an office environment. Must be able to work under deadlines.
Mental Activities and Requirements of the Position:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and to deal with problem involving variables.
Ability to perform basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing two digit numbers; to perform complex mathematical calculations; to perform the four basic arithmetic operations with money; to perform operations involving allocations.
Ability of average to above-average vocabulary and to read at an average rate; define unfamiliar words in dictionaries and other references and resources for meaning, spelling, and pronunciation. Ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation, and use of adjective and adverbs. Ability to communicate in complex sentences; using normal word order with present and past tenses; using a good vocabulary.
Intent and Function of the Job Description
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions contain only essential functions. Basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to the position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the job. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the employer.
This job description is not intended as and does not create an employment contract. The employer maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated at any time for any reason not prohibited by law.
The employer reserves the right to revise this Position Description as it deems necessary.
Send applications to: